A message from the Director.
Thank you for your inquiry about becoming an Agency Member of the Eastern Missouri Police Academy. I feel that we are among the best training facilities in the State of Missouri! I am also proud to attest that we are designated as a Certified Training Facility by the Missouri Department of Public Safety and the Peace Officers Standards in Training. Rest assured that the Eastern Missouri Police Academy meets, and often exceeds, the mandated continuing education requirements and we properly maintain all required training records.
There are many benefits to being a Member Agency that are noted below. Being a previous law enforcement administrator myself, I find that some of the most valuable benefits include:
• Guaranteed seats at free or discount rates for all continuing education classes offered at the Academy
• Being placed in a drawing pool for tuition waived seats for outside source training where free seats are granted to the Academy (i.e. FBI LEEDS, Southern Police Institute, PATC)
• Electronic record keeping of all Academy provided training and the entrance of all training into the POST database, along with certification of Member Agency in-house courses
• Retention of all your agency’s lesson plans with cloud access for agency designees
• Reduced rate for computerized shooting system instruction at your agency
• Administrative seat on the Eastern Missouri Police Academy Board of Advisors
Cost: The rate for membership is $125 per commissioned officer per year.
Feel free to contact us
if you have any questions.
Dr. Thomas D. Leasor